John Clegg & Co has developed a comprehensive range of services for clients
Identification and Acquisition of Property
John Clegg & Co can provide a comprehensive search and acquisition service for all rural property.
- Establish the client's objectives and define the sort of property that will meet these.
- Utilise our knowledge of the market and contacts to identify a selection of suitable opportunities either currently for sale on the open market or that might be uncovered off market.
- Select the suitable target property and give advice on value. For forestry properties this may include forecasting cashflows and timber income.
- Liaise with the client's lawyer in the preparation of a formal offer or negotiate heads of terms in the case of off market situations.
- We use our practical knowledge of the property to follow up successful bids to their contractual conclusion hopefully resolving issues as they arise and maintaining momentum.
- Ensuring that matters such as employees, insurance, equipment and stock are all dealt with appropriately.
- Ensuring that on taking possession the property is in the agreed condition.